Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Face of a Woman

I overhead a bit of a spat today, the cause unimportant, the insult thrown was 'two faced'. A common enough expression but it made me think. How many faces does a woman have?

Me? I have many, every role I play in this life has a face and I play many, from being a daughter and sister to wife then widow now lover. From Mother to business woman, the friend who shares a joke over lunch to the friend who keeps your secrets.

Like so many women I have many layers, peel them back like an onion and I will make you cry. But I will also make you laugh. The layers make us interesting, without them we are characterless, bland and uninteresting; a single dimensional image without substance or intrigue.

Which would you rather spend time with?

Me, I will happily be the saint in the kitchen and the sinner in the privacy of our own space.

So the next time someone calls me two faced I will smile and acknowledge that at least they got that right.



xGGx


No comments:

Post a Comment