Wednesday 25 April 2012

Finding a soul mate.... 

I was alone and lonely, then a friend laughingly suggested online dating. I signed up to OkCupid all the while thinking that it was a major waste of time. For anyone not familiar with the site they ask loads of questions about all sorts of things: relationships, religion, sex and politics then they calculate your compatibility with other people on the site.

I looked at profiles of guys who were 85%+ matches and felt – nothing. I got my share of emails, most made me chuckle. Did I want to be a sub in a s/D relationship? Argh no, I was vanilla although that wasn’t a phrase I was familiar with at the time. A 22yr old who wanted no strings sex, I did think about it but too far to travel and truth be told not what I was looking for. I also got the male version of the girls from the old Soviet Union wanting a visa, only these all seemed to be from Morocco or Algeria.

Then I got a message from a guy, younger than I was looking for and with a compatibility rating of 35%, according to the site we had nothing in common. Yet from the start we clicked, online and when we finally got to meet the chemistry was instant, overpowering and unquestionable.

I quickly put aside old habits and what followed was great sex and the first steps down the road to kinkdom. Within a few months he had moved in and my journey continues.

From the outside looking in we shouldn’t work. We are so different yet for the things that matter we think the same. We find the same things funny, like the same music, watch the same movies and have the same open minded view of life.

One thing he has taught me is not to judge other peoples’ relationships no one has the right to do that. We cannot help who we are or who we fall for.

 xGGx

No comments:

Post a Comment