Wednesday 11 April 2012


This was sent to me as a tester from Lovehoney, thank you Alice.

It arrived in a box bearing the photo of a tall, slender, young, blonde woman with ample boobage (as the product page also features). Talk about making a girl feel inadequate. I am none of those things and after taking the dress out of the box I hesitated about trying it on. Hesitated might be the wrong word, it took over a week for me to pluck up the courage to see if I could actually get into it.

The thing is this dress is tiny, imagine a pair of fishnet tights and you have the scale of my predicament. The box states it fits most sizes, I am currently a UK 16 and to my surprise this did fit. It clings to your curves and even with a baby belly that never went away this made me feel fabulous and sexy. The dress is shown as being worn off the shoulders however I am only 5'3" so the only way to get the sleeves to sit right was to forgo the off the shoulder look.

Overall, I loved the way this dress made me look and feel, for someone who has always had body image issues that statement does not come easy. Would I have paid £28.99 for it? Probably not but I would have missed out on an outfit which could easily become a favourite way of letting the OH know that he is about to be used and abused.

No comments:

Post a Comment